Hello Friends, In this article, I will show you How To Install IIS on Windows Server with two easy methods in this tutorial. So first, let’s see what IIS Web Server is and why we use it.
According to the IIS official site, Internet Information Services (IIS) for Windows® Server is a flexible, secure, and manageable Web server hosting anything on the Web. IIS’s scalable and open architecture is ready to handle the most demanding tasks, from media streaming to web applications.
So let’s install IIS on the windows server.
Install IIS Web Server Using GUI
If you are using the Windows GUI interface, then this method is for you, but you can also use the CLI method to install the IIS web server.
- Click on the start menu and open Server Manager software.
- Click on Add Roles and Features and click Next.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- Select the suitable server. The local server is chosen by default. Click Next.
- Find and Enable Web Server (IIS) and click Add Features, then click Next.
- No additional feature is required for IIS, so click Next until the Confirmation tab.
- Validate that your settings are correct and click Install.
- After the installation completes, click close to exit the wizard.
Also Read: Earn Money Online
Type localhost or your Server-IP in your browser after you will see the IIS Web Server default page. e.g. Figure 1.1
Video Tutorials of GUI
Install IIS Web Server Using CLI
If you use the Windows CLI interface, this only method is for you because you can’t use the GUI method to install IIS in Windows CLI.
- Open Windows power shell with Administrator rights.
- Type the command as shown below.
Install-WindowsFeature -name Web-Server -IncludeManagementTools
- Wait few minutes until the installation bar is 100%.
- Once the installation has succeeded, Close the power shell window.
Type localhost or your Server-IP in your browser after you will see the IIS Web Server default page e.g. shown below.
Video Tutorials of CLI
What is the latest version of the windows server?
Windows Server 2022 is the newest version.
Is Microsoft IIS free?
Yes, IIS is free but runs only in Windows operating system.
Is Apache better than IIS?
According to some tests, IIS is faster than Apache.
How do I upgrade IIS?
Update your windows from the setting.
So in this article, I show you How To Install IIS on Windows Server. I hope your IIS is installed successfully.
Comment down your favourite part.
If you have any doubt or find any mistake on the post. Leave a comment below or contact on email@example.com